Friday 3 April 2015

Evaluation question 3: What have you learned from your audiencefeedback?

When I have shown my music video to other people I have gotten very good reactions. These reactions are ones that I have based upon my second draft of my music video so that I could take them on board and improve upon my video if needed.

Patricia Wilson said "The varying shots really make the video interesting and intriguing to watch. The colours really convey them of a country music video and the costumes are casual and relaxed, making the music video relatable and easy to identify with"

Katy O'Hara said "To the younger girls out there this is an ideal music video for them. It is simple yet interesting enough for them to watch it over and over. It relates to the events happening in their life and the artist is someone for them to look up at"

Owen Wood said "The slow motion really adds a certain edge to this music video, it makes it that little more attractive and it really goes with the music. I would maybe make some of the shot lengths a bit shorter and add some others in towards the end to make it just that little better"

Adam Brocklebank said "The hand held camera look really tops this music video off. It makes it look homely and makes it easier for the viewers to relate to the music video because it feels like it is made from someone's point of view"

Because of these reactions I decided to shorten the shots towards the end to make them fit in better with the music. I have learned that the more the shots go with the beat of the song the more interesting it looks. It makes the music video more dramatic and creates a better vibe.

I have also learned that the handheld camera look makes a video more relatable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment